Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pushing Through

Not much new to post on my running journey. I have noticed, however, that I need a schedule in order to stay motivated. It's SO helpful to me to know on Sunday what I am going to be doing on Thursday, and helps me to stay on track.

My Half-Marathon isn't until July, so it seems slightly ridiculous to start training for it now, even though I want to! So instead I'm following Hal Higdon's 10k training program. I'm in week 2, and it seems doable with my schedule (Hubby is coaching b-ball right now so my free time is virtually nonexistent!).

The other day whilst running on the treadmill (I am offended by the use of the term 'dreadmill' as the treadmill has carried me through many a needed mile!) I was listening to an audiobook in an effort to prevent boredom. However, it felt like more of a distraction than I wanted. I think after a stressful day at work and crazy busy life in general, I wanted to put all of my mental and physical energy into my run. So I shut my ipod off and just focused on what my body was doing...and it felt so good to be in the moment and conquer the run!

No comments: